Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates on Potty Training..

2 weeks ago was a depressing one for me because Dillion made 2 wet accidents at home on same day.
I was infuriated because it occured just minutes after asking if he needs to pee.
And I gave him a hard spank on his thigh.. he cried loudly and I felt so guilty.. my heart break too. I gave him a hug after that.

I was so dishearten.. I always been patient and talked to him nicely that "Its ok to wet the floor.. just let Mummy knows if you need to pee" in the past and I had enough. I lost my temper and just whacked him hard.. hoping he learnt through the hard ways since the word "Cane" always worked magically on him.

I think I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel.. I'm still asking him if he needs to pee and still bringing him to the toilet. But lately when there is an urge to pee.. he will call "Mummy Mummy" urgently, holding or pointing to his shorts and thats the signal to pee/poo. Though he still not saying "I WANT TO WEE WEE"

Its good enough.. after 3 months of sweat and tears.. I can see a lil' bit of success.

I have to confess that I regretted force-starting him on potty training when he turn 2 year old. I always assume its easy to train and see result within weeks. Dillion was never ready from the start..
There is no turning back to diaper days for me now..

2 comments:

Keira Ang said...

you are not the only one who hasnt started at 2yrs old.

we still havent start yet, but in her midst of having fever. she finally decided to tell her mama that she wants to go to toilet to pee.

MaMa Loo said...

it always takes a lot of patience, mine will go and pee in the potty with his shorts on... so cheer up justina u are doing great.